Garmin BaseCamp is a GIS (Geographic Information System) software that enables the users to plan, manage, and organize their trips as well as data with notable options. This is a free-of-cost software that is packed with beneficial features that makes it the best companion for all your trips. Using this, you can view you maps in both 2D and 3D preview that helps you to get high-resolution images. Along with this, you can create viewpoints, routes, and tracks at your convenience, and this will escalator your experience to the next level. In short, this software is a must to try if you are a Garmin navigation Device user. To know more about the software and its setup, you must look at the information provided in this article.
BaseCamp Setup Instructions
To start using the Garmin BaseCamp application for its ultimate offerings, the basecamp setup file must be installed on your computer system. The application setup is relatively simple and uncomplicated to perform. To get a clear understanding of the whole process so as to perform it without any hindrances, you must follow the instructions stated below.
Note: Before you embark on the process, you have to fulfill all the necessary system requirements and make your device compatible with the application. Along with that, download the setup file from the official Garmin website.
- For installing the basecamp application, you ought to access the setup file that is already downloaded by you. You can look for it in the Downloads folder or the location that you have opted for saving the file.
- Once you find the setup file, tap it twice and launch it on your computing machine.
- As a result, the installation wizard will turn up. In the welcome window of the wizard that prompts, click the “Next”/ “Continue” option so as to move ahead.
- The next scream of the wizard will have the License Agreement of Basecamp Application. Review the agreement carefully as you have to agree with all the terms in order to step forward. As you are done reading, hit the acceptance checkbox and agree with them.
- Beyond this, Mac users will get a screen for changing the installation location. You can pick any of the preferred locations. Further, a screen for entering the administrative credentials will also come up. Invade the credentials and confirm the process.
- The process of basecamp installation will now start off. It is a matter of a couple of minutes. So, wait patiently until its done.
- As soon as the confirmation message prompts on your screen, you can close the wizard and launch the application.
Facing Errors while Installing or Updating BaseCamp? Try the Given Troubleshooting Steps and Get it Fixed.
Normally, while setting up the Garmin Basecamp application, users come across several errors that hinder the process. Whenever the error prompts, it becomes crucial to get rid of it as soon as possible. To do so, you must be aware of all the troubleshooting processes. So, to help you out, we are stating all the steps that will help you fix the errors immediately and make the setup fo the application smooth and effortless.
- Error 1114 while running Basecamp application
This error generally displays when computer’s graphics settings are not appropriate to run basecamp application on 3D mode. To get this issue fixed you can either run the application in 2D mode or change the graphic settings.
- Basecamp application installation errors
There are several errors that might obstruct the installation of the application. In order to fix these errors, you have to follow the given instructions.
- Ensure that you have downloaded the setup file from a reliable source i.e. official website of Garmin. If not, then download a new setup file.
- Try installing the application on a personal device. Using a business system might restrict the application from getting installed. Also, make sure that you are signed in as an administrator.
- Review the system requirements and make sure that you meet all of them.
- Disable the firefox and antivirus application on a temporary basis as they might interfere with the process so as to keep your system protected.
- Remove all the previously installed application of Garmin Basecamp from your device before you start off with the new installation.
- Microsoft .Net Error while using the application
Corrupt user configuration setup file is the reason backing the display of Microsoft .Net error message. In order to get this error fixed, you have to remove all the content from the Garmin_corp folder. Also, you must update your available Windows version so as to fix this error.
- An issue with the application to detect outdoor devices
Basecamp application at times is not able to detect the outdoor device due to the unstable USB connection. You must review your connection and try fixing this error. For this, unplug the cable and see it from one tip to another and check for any damages. If the wire is cut or damaged, then change the cable. Also, try connecting the USB to a different port.
- Computer fails to recognize the Garmin Mode Device
The failure to recognize the Garmin mode device might result in the removal of all the data from device memory. Hence, it becomes important to fix this error every time it prompts. For this, you must download and install the Garmin Mode device on your system.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why it is needed to back up the data before installing updates on my basecamp and how can I do this?
Ans. Prior to update your basecamp application, you are suggested to backup all your data so as to keep it safe and secure from being erased. However, no data gets removed while updating, still, you are recommended to keep it safe on the computer or any other external drive. In order to backup all your data, you have to:
- Connect your device to your computing system and run the application on it.
- Then, choose “Backup” followed by selecting the “File” option.
- Next to that, make a selection of the location where you want to save all your data.
- Once done, give a name to your backup data file and confirm the process.
Q2. What is Garmin MapInstall?
Ans. Garmin MapInstall is a notable application that a Garmin Basecamp user must have in their computer system. This application is used to transfer the maps that are installed on your computer system to your Garmin device.