Garmin Express is a software that is compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems to install the latest map updates for your Garmin navigation devices. It is necessary to set up this software on your system to keep your GPS device up-to-date. This comprehensive guide will provide you complete information regarding the software and how to install it with ease.
Role Of Garmin Express and Its Major Functions
- The software manages all the free and paid map updates, and lets you activate them on your Garmin GPS device.
- Garmin releases new CourseView updates every Year. You can easily install the updates on Garmin Express and transfer them onto your Garmin golf devices.
- You can install the latest marine charts through this application and activate it on your Marine device.
- With this application, you can redeem your map update subscription voucher code and activate the maps on your navigation device.
- The application is compatible with Garmin Connect connect and you can use it to upload all your daily-based activities and wellness data to your Garmin Connect account.
Factors To Take Into Consideration Before Setting Up the Software
- Use an updated web browser to access the Garmin official website. It is recommended to download the software only via Garmin.com/express instead of any third-party website or unidentified developer.
- Your device must have at least 20 GB free disk space to install the software. If not, delete some unnecessary files and clean the drive.
- The software is compatible with Windows 7 SP1 or newer and Mac OS X 10.11 or newer. It is to be noted that the application cannot be installed on mobile or any other version of Windows and Mac.
- The system on which you are installing the software must have a working USB port in order to establish a connection among your navigation device and Garmin Express.
- High-internet speed is required to set up the software on your system. Also, it is suggested to use your private network rather than public wifi to maintain privacy and safety against vulnerabilities.
Know-How To Download Garmin Express Application via garmin.com
- To get started, you first have to launch a web browser for example Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Opera depending upon the compatibility of your system.
- In the address bar, type garmin.com and hit the Enter key to reach the Official web page. On the homepage, go to the Discover section and then select “Garmin Express”.
- Doing so, a new window will get displayed on your screen from where you can download the application. If you are a Mac user, click on “Download For Mac”, otherwise, select the “Download For Windows’ tab to start the download processing.
- You will see the progress bar on the bottom-left corner of your screen. Wait for its completion and once the downloading is done, click Save to store the file into the Downloads folder. You can also click on “Save As” and select your preferred folder to save the setup file.
Install the Software By Launching the Setup File
- Access the folder in which you have saved the setup file. Double-click on the setup file to run it for installation.
- A pop-up box of User Account Control will come into view. Tap Yes to allow the software for making certain changes on your system and move ahead with the installation process.
- The Installer dialog box will be available on your screen. Click on the “Terms and Conditions” link and read all the statements given in the agreement carefully.
- If you comply with all the Terms and Conditions, tick mark the checkbox to give your acceptance. Then, click on the “Options” tab if you wish to change the default install location and after selecting the desired folder, click OK.
- Go back to the Installer window and tap Install. Doing so, the installation processing will begin immediately. Make sure you do not click Cancel in between the installation otherwise you have to perform the whole process again.
- When done, click Launch Garmin Express. This will show you the main interface and you can now connect your navigation device with the software in order to get the latest map updates.
- Go to Finder and navigate to the Downloads folder. Locate the setup file and then run it.
- You will get to see an Install Garmin Express icon. Click on it and the main interface of the application will be launched. Proceed forward by clicking on the Continue button.
- The License Agreement Dialog box will promptly appear on your screen.
- Read about all the limitations, warranties, remedies related to the software, and other terms. Then, click Continue and select Agree to step forward to the next stage.
- For security reasons, you will see a pop-up box requesting you to provide your Mac credentials. State both the details i.e Username and Password and click Install Software. In the end, click Close.
Activate the Purchased Map Updates on Your Navigation Device Using Garmin Express
If you have purchased a map updated subscription from the Garmin Official website ”Garmin.com” or via a retail store, you must have got a keycode or voucher code. The key code can be redeemed through the Express application to activate the map on your navigation device. To do so, you need to follow the below-quoted instructions.
- In the initial stage, launch the Express application on your system. Click on Add a Device icon and then connect your navigation device to the computer by using a USB cord that comes with your device.
- Within a few seconds, your device name will get displayed on the computer screen. Click “Add Device”. Once your GPS device is successfully linked with Garmin Express, the device screen will show you a “Connected” status.
- In the next window of the Express application, click on the “Tools & Content” icon. This will display another window, select the “Purchased” option given at the top panel of the window.
- Now, go to the “Redeem” section and enter the Product Key or Voucher Code that you have received through an Order Confirmation Mail at the time of purchase.
- If you have entered the correct code, your purchased map will get displayed on your screen. Tap “Select” and follow this click Confirm.
- Now, you will be asked to sign in to your Garmin account. Enter your Email Address and Password correctly into their respective fields and click “Sign In”. In case, you do not have an account and click “Create One” and then sign in.
- Once you are signed in successfully, your map will be activated on your GPS device and you can use it to navigate your preferred destinations.