Garmin Express is an application that is used to manage, set up, and register the Garmin devices. It is helpful for users in installing all the software and map updates. Whenever new updates are available, it gives you notifications at the same time. Users can save their desired maps and locations with Garmin Express and can view the data on the navigation device. So, garmin.com/express ensures quick and precise navigation.
Also, the software helps you to get special offers, notifications, and product support. Hence, for set up garmin.com/express, you need to follow the below-given guide.
Below-given are the system requirements that you have to fulfill in order to download and install Garmin Express software.
- Windows 7 SP1 or newer, Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 (included)
- 1024 x 768 display and USB port
- 1 GB RAM
- 20 GB free disk space
Also, you need a high internet connection.
- OS X 10.11 or newer
- 1440 x 900 display, USB port
- 1 GB RAM
- 20 GB free disk space
Follow the below-given instructions to download garmin.com/express software on your system.
- Open a web browser on your system.
- Then, you need to visit garmin.com.
- On the homepage of Garmin, place your cursor on the “Discover” tab located at the top of the screen.
- After that, you will see a list of options on your screen. Click on Garmin Express and move forward to the next step.
- In the next window, you will see two options:
- Download for Windows
- Download for Mac
Click on one of these tabs according to your operating system to start the downloading process.
- Garmin Express software will start downloading. Make sure that you do not close the window or turn off your system in between the process.
- After the downloading is finished, it will be saved in your Downloads folder. But if you want to save it in some other folder, you have to do it manually.
After installing the software, users can install their preferred maps and locations. Also, the software notifies you whenever new software and map updates are available.
To install garmin.com/express software on your Windows computer, you need to follow the given steps:
- Go to the Downloads folder on your Windows computer and open it.
- Now, locate the .exe file which you have downloaded.
- Then, you need to double-click the file.
- After that, you will see a pop-up box of Security Warning on your screen. It will ask you Do you want to run this file ?. To carry on with the procedure, click on the Yes button and it will start running the file.
- Now, a new dialog box will be shown on your screen. Read the terms and conditions of the software by clicking on its link.
- On the same page, there is a tab of Options located at the bottom-left corner to change your default installation location. In order to select your preferred location, follow the given steps:
- Firstly, click on the Options tab.
- In the next screen, click on browse and select your desired location from the given list of options.
- Then, click on the OK button given there.
- After that, hit the back button to return back on the installation screen.
- After that, if you agree to all the terms and conditions, click on the blue Install button which is located at the bottom. It will start installing the software and you have to wait for the installation to complete.
- Now, a pop-up box of “User Account Control” will appear on your screen in between the process. For granting permission to make necessary changes to your computer, click on the “Yes” button given in the box.
- Once the installation finishes, a new dialog box will be shown on your screen. Go to the bottom of the box and click on the blue Launch Garmin Express button.
- Lastly, tap on the Get Started tab and you can start using the software.
To install the garmin.com/express software on your Mac system, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, open the Downloads folder on your Mac system.
- In the folder, search for .dmg file of Garmin Express.
- Then, double-click the file and move forward to the next step.
- After that, a new window will appear on your screen, double-click on Install Garmin Express Icon. To verify whether the software can be installed or not, it will show you a pop-up box on which you are required to click on the continue button.
- Again, click continue.
- In the next window, view the Software License Agreement carefully and hit the continue button located at the bottom-right corner of the page.
- After clicking the continue button, it will show you a pop-up box on your screen. If you agree with all the terms and conditions of the license agreement, click on the agree button given in the box.
- Now, in the installation screen, click on the Install button which is positioned at the bottom-right corner. The installation process may take a few minutes.
- While installing the software, it will show you a pop-up box asking you to enter your Mac username and password. Type your credentials and click on the blue Install software button.
- Lastly, Click on the Close button after the installation is finished.
Account Creation- garmin.com/express
If you want to install the latest software and map updates, you have to create an account first. Hence, follow the given instructions:
- First of all, open a web browser.
- Then, go to garmin.com/express.
- In the upper-right corner of the window, click on the “Profile Icon”.
- Then, click on the “Create Account” button for account creation.
- After that, a new window will appear on your screen and you need to fill all the necessary details.
- In the first field, Enter your name.
- Next, Enter your email address.
- Now, Retype your email address in the given field for confirmation.
- Set a password that must fulfill all the specifications given on the page.
- To confirm your password, Re-enter your password into the given field.
- Now, if you want to get notifications of the latest offers and products, tick the given box.
- If you agree with the policy, tick the given box of terms and conditions.
- Finally, hit the blue “Create Account” button.
How To Use Garmin Express?
Once the software is installed, users can start using it for installing all the available updates. Make sure that your Garmin device must be registered with the software. If you are a new user you need to first register your product with the Garmin Express software. So, for installing all the updates, follow the given instructions:
- Connect your Garmin device to your system with the help of a USB cable.
- Now, open the Garmin Express application on your system.
- Select Add a Device icon and it will start searching for the device.
- In the next screen, click on the blue “Add Device” button located below your device name. If your device is not found, click on the “search again” link.
- In the next screen, it will ask you to sync with Garmin Connect and sign-in to your account.
- To sign in, hit the blue “Sign in” button, enter your email address and password and once again click on the sign-in button. If you have not created your account before, click on the blue create an account button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- To carry on with the procedure, enter your device nickname and select your preferred language in the given fields. After that, click on the Next button.
- Now, you need an internet connection for installing all the updates. If you want a wireless connection, set a wifi network otherwise use an ethernet cable for connection.
- Hit the blue Next button after the internet connection is enabled.
- Read the Privacy Statement by clicking on its link. If you agree with the statement, go to the bottom of the page and click on the Yes button.
- The software will start setting up your device. Hit the “Sync” tab once the setup is completed.
- You have to wait for syncing. Then, it will start checking for all the software and map updates.
- After that, hit the Garmin Connect icon in order to view your data.
- On the next screen, click on the blue Install All button. But if you want to see all the software and map updates separately, click on View Details and then hit the install button next to your chosen update.
- While the updates are installing, it will show you a dialog box of certain terms and conditions. If you agree to it, click on the “Accept” button.
- Now, the installation of the software and map updates will start processing. Make sure that you do not unplug your device or shut down the computer in between the process.
- After the installation is done, “You are Up to Date” will display on your screen.